Our MVP is essentially feature-parity with the original Rocket. In particular, we should have:
- An extensible Unix-style command system
usercommand (member info)
teamcommand (team management)
- Permissions system
All of these should be connected to a database, likely a cloud database like DynamoDb or Firebase.
We have decided not to pursue a full plugin-oriented architecture, as this would severely complicate our work and most likely would not be used.
- Currently Rocket does most of the work of managing the Launch Pad Github organization. Replicating and extending this behaviour would be our first priority after completing the MVP.
- More ways to access Rocket-the-service would be nice. In particular, a command-line interface should be relatively easy to build. A web-based dashboard would be useful, but likely too far outside scope.
- A reminders command has been specifically requested by the co-presidents.
- The co-presidents also have other feature requests that will be added as Github issues.
Non-functional & Other Requirements¶
- Rocket 2.0 will be containerized via Docker.
- All code will follow the PEP8 style guide; this will be automated with pycodestyle.
- There should be automated tests for most behaviour, run with a CI system, and code coverage should be collected and uploaded to Codecov.io.
- The command system should be reasonably extensible.